I started swimming in cold water in 1996. I am actively doing research, promotion and advertising of winter swimming as a healthy lifestyle and the sport in Latvia and in the international arena.
I’ve have participated and helped in every Latvian Winter Swimming Championships from 2002, in every Winter Swimming World Championships and Finnish Winter Swimming Championships from 2006.
Winter swimming highlights
- Board member of International Winter Swimming Association since 2009
- Chairmen of „Jelgavas Roni” Winter swimming club since 2010
- Organizer of the biggest winter swimming competition in Latvia „Jelgava Seals Cup” The first was inst in 2009 and in this year will be the 5th.
- Main organizer of 8th Winter Swimming World Champioships 2012 in Jurmala, Latvia www.winterswimming2012.com
- 2012 Represented Latvia at the 1st International Winter Swimming Championship in Tyumen Russia.
- 2013 Represented Latvia at the 2nd China Jinan International Winter Swimming Festival, at The Big Chill Swim in Windermere UK, at The 2nd Scandinavian WSC in Skellefteå Sweden.
I feel very proud to have been invited to be part of this fantastic relay swim through Bering Strait and honoured to represent my country Latvia and International Winter Swimming Association.
This swim will strengthen the friendship between our countries!
The best opportunity of participating in this Historic Relay Swim and being the one of Great Team of Cold Water Swimmers!
Together, we will do it! Nothing Is Impossible!